Thursday, February 4, 2010

Member Story ~ Backyard Wildlife Habitat

Just in time for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party!



Beverly from Backyard Wildlife Habitats (or CMonetGarden) shares her story with us below. Beverly has a passion for wildlife and is a Master Gardener. In addition to her Etsy store, she also has a website dedicated to helping others learn about nature, create nature habitats, learn to garden and to appreciate what nature has to offer.


Beverly's Story

I mainly work on items that will enhance your backyard so that it will be more attractive to birds, bees and other critters. Along the way, I took some jewelry classes, and am now making nature inspired jewelry. I have been crafting most of my life. I did it a lot when I was younger, then took a break after college, and am now getting back into it. I find it a definate release for my creative juices. I LOVE art, crafting, sewing, etc. In school, that was my major and my love. I also love wildlife photography (still learning indoor and marketing photography!!!).

I was a financial analyst for a building products company. A short while after the real estate markets crashed, it started affecting the companies associated with new construction. My company went through several rounds of layoffs, and I was caught up in that.

At the time, I was relieved, because I saw it coming. And it couldn't have happened at a better time. I was able to spend some time with my twin 5 year olds before they went off to school. Now, when they are in school, I work like crazy, so I can spend time with them when they get out. They just turned 6, 2 weeks ago. I guess my positive is that I get to be a Mom first. AND then I get to do what I love to do as a job. Granted, starting out is a serious hurt to the pocket book, but i am positive it will all work out.

What I wish for others in this situation is to realize that losing a job is not the end of your world...it can be a much needed beginning of a new life, new passions, awakening old passions. It opened my mind to see the things I once did, but "left behind in the hustle and bustle".

Get back to your roots and remind yourself of who you are....and what a wonderful person you are.



Visit Beverly's Etsy shop and her gardening website.

1 comment: